Whether you add a spoonful to your tea, drizzle some over oatmeal, or use it as a sugar substitute, honey is an indispensably sweet staple in most kitchens. But, if you’re used to buying honey that comes in the cute plastic bear bottle, you’re not getting the best quality honey.
If you’ve never tasted Really Raw honey, you don’t know how honey is meant to taste. This unstrained, raw honey is the good stuff: Full of honeycomb, propolis, and pollen, every spoonful of Really Raw honey contains natural goodness. Plus, it delivers plenty of sweetness without the immediate blood sugar spike from refined sugar, making it a healthier choice for satisfying a sweet tooth.
There are several benefits to consuming raw honey:
• It is a great source of antioxidants called phenolic compounds. They help protect your body from cell damage from free radicals, which contributes to the aging process and may also contribute to the development of diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
• They care antibacterial and antifungal properties. Honey can literally kill unwanted bacteria and fungus, and naturally contains hydrogen peroxide.
• Honey is filled with Phytonutrients. These are compounds found in plants that indeed helps protect the plants from harm. They keep insects away and shield the plant from harsh UV radiation. Phytonutrients also provide both atioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
• It helps soothe sore throats, especially when mixed with hot water and lemon, and works as a cough suppressant.
• Helps with digestive issues. It has proven to help as a treatment for ulcers, and taking 1-2 teaspoons on an empty stomach is said to help soothe pain and heal.
• Research has also shown that raw honey can aid in healthy weight management and can lower blood sugar.
• Taking a tablespoon of honey per day can also act as an allergy shot, and can actually lessen seasonal allergies, even to pollen.
• Raw honey is a natural energy source. I personally take bee pollen every day and the different it makes in my energy levels is pretty significant!
• Helps with sleep. It fosters the release of melatonin in the brain with a small spike in insulin levels, which releases tryptophan in the brain. This converts to seratonin, which then converts to melatonin, aiding in better sleep habits.
• Due to the low glycemic level that raw honey + cinnamon contain, it can reduce the risk of developing future diabetes as well as help aid in treating diabetes.
*Note: this does not pertain to all honey. Commercial honey found in the grocery store is heavily processed, chemically refined, pasteurized, excessively heated and is stripped of many beneficial nutrients like pollen and phytonutrients. There are also additives added to the processed honey, and most can be sourced from bees that are being treated with antibiotics and from inorganic beehives.
The flavor of this particular honey is worlds above the over-processed mainstream brands you’ll find on many grocery store shelves—and the accompanying nutritional benefits are even better. Really Raw honey is not only organic and Paleo-friendly, but since it’s never processed or heated, it retains all kinds of health benefits. Raw honey can help alleviate seasonal allergies, boost the immune system, and even soothe a sore throat. Not to mention, slathering a bit of this honey on cuts and scrapes can help heal the skin.
An added bonus: Really Raw sources all of its honey from local beekeeping operations, and every jar is packaged by hand. That means every jar tastes just like the seasonal honey you’ll find at your local farmers market.
Ready to try a spoonful for yourself? Well, you’re in luck, because for a limited time, Thrive Market is offering all new customers a free jar of Really Raw honey. And existing customers can get in on the fun, too—they’ll score a free jar with their next purchase over $50! For more information on what THRIVE is and why I like it, CLICK HERE!